How Mold/Mildew Can Affect You
Mold produces all types of allergens and irritants that can bring about an allergic reaction, especially if you are particularly sensitive to and are easily irritated by these invisible substances floating around in the air. Sometimes, the mold and/or mildew growth in your basement can even produce a substance that is toxic, such as a mycotoxin. When you come into contact with a mold or mildew-induced substance, you may experience a number of responses. Among them are symptoms normally associated with a fever, such as:
- Runny Nose
- Skin Rashes
- Red or Watery Eyes
Other types of allergic reactions can occur as well. Some happen right away, others later on. If you have asthma, mold growth can severely aggravate it. But even if you are not allergic to it, mold can still cause irritation to certain parts of your body, like your skin, nose, eyes, throat, or even your lungs. But it's worse than that. Research indicates that if you are exposed to higher levels of mycotoxins, it can cause brain damage and can sometimes even be fatal.
Why Professional Mold Removal?
NJ homeowners often have mold in their house without even realizing it. Sometimes it's easy to detect if you pick up a moldy smell in the basement or other part of the home. You may also be able to guess that there's mold growth in places where you know there's been moisture, like flooding in parts of your lower level. However, what many people don't realize is that mold can hide out in some hard to reach areas, like behind the wallpaper, panels, dry wall, tiles, under the carpets, etc. Mold can also be found on the insides of walls, particularly in places where moisture tends to form such as near pipes that leak or have condensation. There are also numerous other places, especially those where water buildup is common, that mold can grow.
For mold control in your basement DryMaster Basement Waterproofing uses an all-purpose cleaner, deodorizer, disinfectant, sterilizer, fungicide, virucide, algaecide and mildewstat. Its a non-toxic, biodegradable product safe for the environment with no waste disposal problems. No toxic chemicals, no flammability, and is not only effective at removing mold and mildew, but is absolutely safe for the environment.
Contact DryMaster today, 877.477.6518, for a FREE, no obligation assessment and learn what our mold remediation specialists can do for you!